TMR is first and foremost interested in the rare-earths sector from the strategic point of view. We are interested in the potential value that specific rare-earth deposits and their development could have, in the furtherance of the needs and demands of the overall technology supply chain.
The TMR Advanced Rare-Earth Projects Index consists of rare-earth projects currently underway around the world, which have been either:
- formally defined as a mineral resource or reserve under the guidelines of a relevant scheme such as NI 43-101 or the JORC Code, or
- subject to past mining campaigns, and for which reliable historical data is available, even if not formally compliant with a relevant scheme.
The Index, last updated on February 15, 2012, currently consists of 34 advanced rare-earth projects, associated with 32 different companies and located in 13 different countries, as shown in the table below. Click on a project name to see the data associated with the project.
- Over time, the Index will expand as mineral-resource estimates for additional projects are defined.
- The Index includes advanced rare-earth projects known to Technology Metals Research, LLC (TMR), based on public-domain information only. Therefore, it is possible that there are other advanced rare-earth projects currently in development or operation, which are not included in the Index, and / or at the time of the last update, were not known to TMR.
- Only advanced rare-earth projects that are fully or partially owned or operated by corporations, or other non-state-run entities, are included in the Index.
- At present, the Index deliberately excludes any advanced rare-earth projects (as defined above) located in either China or India.
- All value estimates (for in-situ REOs within each resource, or the unit basket prices for finished products) exclude Ho-Er-Tm-Yb-Lu oxides from the pricing models.
Disclosures concerning the above companies: Gareth Hatch is neither a shareholder of, director of nor a consultant to any of the companies listed in the TMR Advanced Rare-Earth Projects Index. Jack Lifton is long on Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. He is a consultant to Rare Earth Metals Inc., Rare Element Resources Ltd., Ucore Rare Metals Inc. and to Tasman Metals Ltd. He is a director of AMR Mineral Metal Inc. and a member of the supervisory board of Tantalus Rare Earths AG (statement last updated February 15, 2012).