One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.
一天下午,有一个富有的律师在途中,看见两个人在路边吃草。
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.
他觉得有点困扰,就吩咐司机停车。接着他下车查探。!
He asked one man 'Why are you eating grass?'
他问其中一人,“为何你们在吃草?”
'We don't have any money for food,' the poor man replied 'We have to eat grass.'
那人答,“我们没有钱买食物,所以我们要吃草。”
'Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you', the lawyer said.
“那么,你可以来我家,我给你吃的。”律师说。
'But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree'.
“可是我还有妻子及两个孩子,他们都在那边的树下。”
'Bring them along,' the lawyer replied.
“带他们一起来吧。”律师说道。
Turning to the other poor man he stated,'You come with us also.'
他转向另一个人说,“你也一起来吧。”
The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, 'But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!'
那人说,“可是我也有妻子及六个孩子啊。”
'Bring them all, as well,' the lawyer answered.
“把他们也一起带上。”律师答。
They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.
虽然那是一部大房车,他们也费了九牛二虎之力,全部人才能上车。
Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, 'Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you.'
途中,其中一人说,“先生,你真是一个大好人,谢谢你把我们全部人带来。! ”
The lawyer replied, 'Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost 1 metre high!'
律师回答,“我感到很荣幸。你们肯定喜欢我的地方,那里的草足足有一米高。
Lesson : Don't trust kind lawyers. (Also, don't send this to your good friend who is also a lawyer)!!
这个教训我们:不要相信仁慈的律师。也不要将此电邮转寄给你的律师朋友。
No comments:
Post a Comment